- 1 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Spring Onion (Cut in small pieces)
- 500g Chicken (Cut in bite size pieces)
- (1/2 cup and 1 tbsp divided) Cornflour
- 1tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Chilli
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sugar or adjust the taste as this quantity depends on sweetness of orange juice
- 1 tbsp Vinegar and again adjust it according to the taste of oranges
- 1/2 tsp Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Chicken stock cube
Marinate chicken pieces in 1 tsp soy sauce, salt and 1/2 tsp pepper for half an hour. After that beat an egg and coat chicken pieces in that. Take corn flour in a plastic bag, put chicken pieces in that and shake till the pieces get lightly coated with corn flour from all sides.
Deep fry the pieces till they turn golden. Do not over fry. Remove chicken pieces from oil and keep aside.
Take some oil in a pan or wok and fry finely chopped ginger and garlic in that. When it is aromatic and starts changing colour, add 1/2 cup of water in it and 1 chicken stock cube. You can also substitute it with 1/2 cup chicken stock.
Add orange juice, sugar, salt, crushed red chilli, soy sauce, sesame seed oil and vinegar in it and adjust the taste. I like my sauce to be really tangy.
Now chicken pieces in this sauce and coat and cook those for five minutes.
Now add 1 tbsp corn flour in 3 tbsp water and add to the sauce.
Let it get thick so it coats the chicken pieces from all sides.
Now add the chopped spring onion and dish out the chicken.
Sprinkle sesame seeds on it and garnish with Orange slices. Serve it with Egg fried rice or any other rice of your choice.