Hi, I am Maryam Nasim, a freelance illustrator and animator from Islamabad Pakistan. I am a dedicated homemaker, a mom and a passionate illustrator and animator who works from home and enjoys it thoroughly. I am a hobbyist cook and love to cook for my family. You can see my recipes at http://cook-and-talk.com.
I am also one of the very first case studies of Google Pakistan and have addressed audience at various educational institutes and platforms including Kinnaird College for Women Lahore, Lahore College for Women University, UET Lahore, LUMS and FAST Lahore.
I work as a freelance animator and illustrator and I have animated several TV commercials and shorts . I have also illustrated books and designed Tee Shirts and Logos etc.
Given below is detail of some of the work that I have done for some major clients and companies.
- Worked for BirthdayAlarm.com as a freelance e-card artist and flash animator.
- Animated a music Video “Long Tall Cajun” which was declared video of the day at Sports Illustrated and was also linked on CNN website. (2007)
- Created several animations for a virtual music band Tokyo Crush House.
- Worked as an illustrator for Dentaltease .
- Designed, developed and successfully running two websites/blogs for printable stationery , labels etc.
- Illustrated a book for the brand name SandKidz that won 2009 Creative Child Magazine’s award .
- Worked for http://www.2000greetings.com as a freelance e-card artist. (2002)
- Illustrated Greeting Cards using Coral Graphics (Draw, Photo-paint) for The Collections Lahore.(2000-2001)
- Designed AVI animation using Corel Photo-paint for GUI (graphical user interface) of MPEG4 Decoder for Streaming Networks Islamabad.(2001)
Tools & Skills
- Adobe Flash,Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, HTML
- Freehand Drawing, Oil painting, Sculpting, Ceramics
- MFA (Masters of Fine Arts) from Punjab University Lahore in 1st division. Secured 3rd position in Painting group.
- BFA (Bachelors of Fine Arts) from Punjab University Lahore in 1st division. Secured 2nd position in Painting group.
- Secured 72% marks inIntermediate (humanities) and 86% marks in matriculation.
Scholarships & Accomplishments
- Got interviewed for various TV channels including CNBC and a very prestigious IT mag CIO http://ciopakistan.com/2009/05/the-stay-at-home-ceo-maryam-nasim/ and was featured on thestoryexchange.org.
- Addressed audience at various educational institutes and platforms including Kinnaird College for Women Lahore, Lahore College for Women University, UET Lahore, LUMS and FAST Lahore as Google Pakistan’s case study.
- Punjab University Merit Scholarship in BFA.
- National Talent Scholarship in FA.
- Merit Scholarship in Matriculation.
- 2nd prize in Expressions Art Extravaganza 2004 held at Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore.
- Participated in various Art competitions and Exhibitions.