Maryam Nasim is a highly accomplished illustrator, animator and website developer with more than 18 years of experience. She has designed, developed and launched multiple websites which consistently rank among the top sites in their domain in google search results. With extensive experience in SEO, software coding, analytics and webmaster tools she ensures an excellent return on investment for her clients. She has produced very high-quality graphical content which has been recognized at the highest level. She was chosen by Google Pakistan as a case study for a successful female running her own company. Maryam Nasim is a wife and a mother and an excellent painter. She loves to cook different cuisines and performs Tarot card readings in her spare time.
CEO and Founder Maryam’s Home Studio 2005- Present
- Working as a freelance animator and illustrator and animated several TV commercials and shorts for kids Television as well as illustrated many books and Tee shirts designs etc.
- Worked for BirthdayAlarm.com as a freelance e-card artist and flash animator.
- Created several animations for a virtual music band.
- CEO and Founder of Pixcil.
- Worked as an illustrator for Dentaltease.com
- Designed, developed and successfully running multiple websites with thousands of visitors per day.
- Illustrated a book for the brand name SandKidz.
- Worked for 2000greetings as a freelance e-card artist
- Designed AVI animation using Corel Photo-paint for GUI (graphical user interface) of MPEG4 Decoder for Streaming Networks Islamabad. (2001)
- Extremely well versed in all aspects of search engine optimization (SEO), web site development both in HTML and word-press, webmaster tools, Analytics, and Advertisement tools.
- Masters in Fine Arts Punjab University 2002-2004
3rd position in Painting group.
Bachelors of Fine Arts) Punjab University Lahore 1999-2002
2nd position in Painting group.
- Long Tall Cajun, an animated music video made by her was declared video of the day at Sports Illustrated and linked on CNN
- SandKidz won the 2009 creative child magazines award.
- She worked as a Google Case Study as a role model for Pakistani women working from home
- Has been invited as a guest speaker at prestigious Institutes Universities like LUMS, UET, FAST, Kinnaird College, Lahore College, etc as an expert and motivational speaker to encourage female participation in online work
- Has written more than sixty articles on social and women rights issues on “Humsub.com.pk” which is one of the most popular Urdu websites in Pakistan
- Has written and published in Express Tribune and Daily Dawn.
- 2nd prize in Expressions Art Extravaganza 2004 held at Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore
- Got interviewed for various TV channels and prestigious IT mags.
- Shared her story at the story exchange.
Tools and Skills
- Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver, HTML, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop.
- Freehand Drawing, Oil painting, Sculpting, Ceramics
- Tarot Card reading for an analysis of the current situation and future course of action
- Loves to travel and learn from different cultures and societies
- Loves to cook Chinese, Thai, continental and Italian food.
Wife and mother
Linked in and other Profiles
Twitter ID: https://twitter.com/maryam_nasim